Welcome to Growing on the Go! Helping you live on mission today Friday, May 5, 2017.
Moving into the weekend lets look at Deuteronomy 6:4–9 (ESV).
“4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5 You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. 6 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. 7 You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. 8 You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. 9 You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.”
You are called to love God with all that you are and all that you have.
Through Moses God instructs us to be wholly and completely committed to Him. He also instructs us to pass on what we know about God and how we live for God to our children, to one another, and to the watching world.
During your weekend take the time to:
- Talk about God with your children, read the Bible together before bed-time.
- Make sure that you talk with your spouse about who God is and what He is doing in your life.
- Tell your family tonight that you are going to church this weekend.
- Pray as a family thanking God for everything you have, your salvation, and the hope you have in Christ.
- Discuss with your family how to write the commands of God on the doorposts of your house. In our home, Jill has decorated it with verses of Scripture throughout the house and they serve as encouragement for us on a regular basis.
Today, this weekend, and everyday love God by ordering your entire life around following His Will and His Word.
I’ll see you again Monday as we continue Growing on the Go.